widget like listview

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Mon Apr 21 05:16:55 EDT 2003

> 1. Once you have fixed the widths of the columns the user can not
> chnage the
> widths of the columns as per his/her preference.

You might find the bwidgets package more interesting than Pmw. I think it's
mc listbox is user changabe. See http://www.effbot.org/downloads/

If not, the TkGrid control is. One python wrapping of it of it can be found
in "NovaGrid" (as can a different implementation of bwidgets). See
http://sourceforge.net/projects/novagrid

> 2. What about linux. As this module uses the win32all extensions.
> the code
> no more remains portable. Currently whatever i have coded i have coded
> keeping in mind that i have to run the application on both windows and
> linux.

Pmw doesn't use win32all. It's pure python, as is bwidgets (and tkgrid can
be built on/for linux).

<snip>

> THX,
> Vivek Kumar