Problem Cron-Job using Python-Script

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 16 08:14:52 EDT 2003

"Andreas Penzel" <mail at andreas-penzel.de> a écrit dans le message de news:
b7jeem$1l5i0$1 at ID-69142.news.dfncis.de...
> Hello!
>
> I have a Python-Script to create Log-Files und work with them.
> Very well.
> But if I start the Script with Cron it works not correct.
> I often use os.system() to send commands to the shell including paths from
> the os.
> Could this be the problem?
> And if, how to solve?
>
> Thanks, Andreas

Append this to your crontab line :

> /var/log/mycronjob.log  2>&1

Change if needed /var/log above against what's suitable to your system and
available for write to the user that runs the cron job.

Then watch this file to see the console output from your script and
tracebacks (if any).

HTH

--Gilles