Python support for Amazon Web services

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Tue Apr 22 20:17:02 EDT 2003

I've developed a small amount of Python support for the
XML-over-HTTP mode of Amazon Web services.  Amazon describes this
as their REST mode.

The support I've developed consists mostly consists of Python code
that helps to parse and process the Amazon WS XML documents.

Also, to produce this support I used generateDS.py (see:
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/#generateDS). Therefore, I needed
XML Schema documents.  So, being a Calvinist [1], I decided
implement generateXsd.py, which extracts an XML Schema from an XML
instance document.  It's included in the distribution.

There is a document describing this support at:

    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/amazon_ws_support.html

And the distribution file is at:

    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/amazon_ws_support-1.0.tar.gz

The Amazon WS developer's kit is available at:

    http://www.amazon.com/webservices

  - Dave

[1] Calvin and Hobbes, the comic strip --  Once, when Calvin's Mom
tried to force him to clean up his room, Calvin decided to invent a
robot to do the work.  After much struggle, Hobbes asked him:
"Wouldn't it be less work to just clean your room yourself?" Calvin
replied, without looking up: "It's only work if they make you do
it."

--
Dave Kuhlman
dkuhlman at rexx.com