zipfile with umlaut in filename

Andrew Markebo andrew.markebo at telia.com
Sat Apr 26 14:22:16 EDT 2003

/ Patrick Useldinger <uselpa at myrealbox.com> wrote:
| Hello everybody,
| I have a problem when creating an archive using zipfile. If the name
| of the file to be added contains a special character like an umlaut,
| this character gets replaced by another character.
| What can I do against this?

If my memory doesn't fail me, basically the zip-standard only supports
ASCII, meanwhile winzip walks around this, because thats what the user
want, so they did an own addition to the standard.

A quick note maybe is, which format is the string sent to the
zip-functions? I mean, does the zipfile classes handle wide
(unicode/utf-8) strings and so on, these can't be used in the
zip-file.. yet..?

    /Andy

--
 Your fault -- core dumped