*Newbie Question* --> Is it viable to distribute Python apps over the Internet?

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Mon Apr 21 19:42:21 EDT 2003

Denis Agar wrote:
> I guess I understand the situation then. Is there any way to use a GUI
> that most people already have such as the ones employed by Visual
> Basic or Visual C++?

VB's GUI code is likely in the VB runtime. With "VC GUI" you likely mean
the MFC classes, which are usually in the MFC42.DLL. It can be used from
Python via the win32 extensions, which are a relatively slim download.

But looking at the included examples, I wouldn't want to develop a GUI
using the win32 extensions, as it's basically hardcore win32 API
programming.

-- Gerhard