Problem subclassing tuple

John Wilson tug at wilson.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 12:19:13 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
[snip]

> Howdy.
>
> First of all... What are you trying to do? :-)

I am trying to add some methods to a tuple. Obviously the example I posted
has been considerably simplified to just demonstrate the problem I'm hitting
;-))

> Second.  If that's the full definition and intention
> of "Holder", then you might want to know (or are
> overlooking) the fact that "values", inside __init__,
> is already a tuple.

Yes, but I want an object which has all the characteristics of a tuple with
additional methods.

I could use delegation to do this but subclassing appeared to be an easier
way.

I'm really quite interested in why this doesn't work. I *thought* I'd
grasped the concept of the new style classes but this seems to demonstrate
that I haven't!

Thanks for the response.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership