Python compared toJava

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Apr 15 09:11:00 EDT 2003

"Frithiof Andreas Jensen" <frithiof.jensen at remove_this.jensen.tdcadsl.dk>
wrote ...

> Blaktyger <blaktyger at hotmail.com> skrev ...
> > Hi!
> >
> > I recently read that the Python interpreter is like the Java Virtual
> Machine.
> > Is that true?
>
> Not quite - Python actually *delivers* on "write once, run everywhere" ;-)

This is a little ingenuous: some modules are only available on some
platforms, and others have different functionality on each different
platform. I'm as anxious as anyone else that the world gets a good
impression of Python, but distorting the truth will only lead to
disappointment.

regards
How lucky am I?      http://www.google.com/search?q=Steve+Holden&btnI=1