MQ

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Wed Apr 30 12:37:18 EDT 2003

Hello.

Here we had debate with a lot of buzzwords, such as XML, Java, SOAP to all
about JMS and Message Queues.

Now, is here some already done stuff in Python? Well, I would not like to see
java-bloatware and would like to deal with a Python.

What do I need exactly? I need to receive a messages (it is what JMS all
about) and queue it somewhere, then convert/parse and put to the Oracle
database or vice versa: Oracle queues messages (like a buffering) and other
stuff fetches it.

Does anybody know anything about what MQ/JMS is and how to fit it with a
Python? I found this one: http://www.hare.demon.co.uk/pymqi/pymqi.html but it
is for IBM MQ Series. It will be better to find something to deal with like
SonicMQ or so...

Any ideas or wishes are appreciated! ;-) Thank you.

--
Regards, Bogdan

"Besides, I think [Slackware] sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you?"
(By Patrick Volkerding)