computer science with python

Robin Munn rmunn at pobox.com
Fri Apr 4 10:19:07 EST 2003

David Bear <david.bear at asu.edu> wrote:

> I purchased the OReilly book "Computer Science with Perl" (or
> something similar and found it very fun -- even though I really hate
> Perl.  It made me think that python would be a terrific language to
> demonstrate some key computer science concepts.
>
> Anyone know if a book has already been done?  I find that many CS
> language concepts are debated/discussed here and have to be careful
> when I look at this group because I become too interested in reading
> all the conceptual stuff rather than getting a specific question
> answered.  Seems this list would provide a good starting point for
> such a book.  I image it could be many volumes...

I've never read _Computer Science with Perl_, so I don't know how
similar or dissimilar this book might be, but _How to Think Like a
Computer Scientist: Learning with Python_ has to be pretty close to what
you're looking for, at least. You can find it at:

    http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/

--
Robin Munn <rmunn at pobox.com>
http://www.rmunn.com/