What are the differences between SWIG and Boost.Python?

Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) ckea25d02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Apr 8 21:20:39 EDT 2003

Mike Rovner wrote:
> "Bryan" <belred1 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:tntka.364035$F1.57656 at sccrnsc04...
>
>>how is pyrex at handling a c varargs function?
>
> Never tried myself, but ToDo.txt says:
> '''
> DONE - Varargs C func defs and calls.
>
> Varargs argument traversal.
> '''

Just to expand on that a bit, you can declare external
C functions which take variable parameters, and you can
call them.

What there isn't any explicit support for yet is using
the varargs facilities (va_start, va_arg etc) to step
through variable argument lists and process them.

That's not to say it can't be done -- chances are you
could declare these as though they were functions, and
use typecasts liberally. I haven't tried, though.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,