dbm concurrency

Clemens Hermann haribeau at gmx.de
Wed Apr 23 15:06:47 EDT 2003

Hi Chuck,

thanks for your answer!

> If it's a problem that the C program may cache old user/regexp
> combinations after they've been updated

should not be an issue. The C program is an external_acl validator
(http://devel.squid-cache.org/external_acl/) which is called for each
request. So there should not occure any caching because the dbm is
opened again for each call to the C program and closed later.

might there still occur concurrency problems in this scenario?

> You could also look into something
> like the BerkeleyDB 4 from sleepycat.com, and what sendmail does for the
> hash or btree map types like /etc/mail/aliases or mailertable or access.

thanks for the hints, I'll have a closer look at these

/ch