Some newbie questions the FAQs didn't answer!

Greg Brunet gbrunet at nospamsempersoft.com
Wed Apr 2 20:44:51 EST 2003

"Jason C." <stigwood4 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:6ffd97db.0304021132.62f86c7b at posting.google.com...
> I was thinking about taking Python up this summer.  I was initially
> drawn towards it because I had heard how easy it was to program GUIs
> using the various packages.  But then I read that in order to run a
> python program, the machine had to have the python VM installed, and
> the user had to go to a command line and type "python <program
> name>.py".

I wrote up http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/SmallApp a few months
back, and it covers not only writing a small app, but doing things not
normally shown in tutorials, but what I would consider 'standard' in
writing an application, like accelerator keys on menus, creating an icon
for the app, etc.  At the end of the page, I talk about how to build a
windows EXE, and finally wrapping it in an Install program.  You might
want to check that page out for some tips.  Good luck,

--
Greg