module for doing unix "find"-like things?

Jeremy Yallop jeremy at jdyallop.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 14:45:39 EDT 2003

Mark Harrison wrote:
> Is there such a thing?  I didn't see such a thing, but
> "find" is not the easist thing to search for.

os.path.walk is often useful in such circumstances.

> Specifically, I would like to replace an external call to
>     for i in `find $top -type l -maxdepth 1`; ...

With '-maxdepth 1' you might as well use os.listdir().  Perhaps
something like the following is what you're looking for:

  import os

  top = os.getenv('top')
  for i in [l for l in os.listdir(os.getenv('top'))
                    if os.path.islink(os.path.join(top, l))]:

Jeremy.