Could Emacs be rewritten in Python?

Francois Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Apr 15 21:31:42 EDT 2003

> [...] Since rebinding sys.stdout is utterly stupid [...]

I've been following this thread at a distance, yet I'm noticing many
judgemental remarks like the one above, and others before it, which kills
interest somewhat.  The discussion is slipping.

You know, nothing is fully black nor fully white.  Not that we should not
have opinions, all the contrary, there is something "drabe" in a society
made of opinion-less people.  However, best opinions have some substance,
beyond mere emotions.  Emotions are good too, but substance helps! :-)