FInd nic speed/duplex (Win32)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Apr 17 13:04:05 EDT 2003

j2 wrote:

> Is there any sample code to be able to find NIC settings (speed and duplex)
> for a NIC in a Win98 system?

You could look in the registry, or there might be some Win32 call.
Either way, the bulk of the answer is Windows-specific and could
be found by searching with Google, probably.  After you have the
answer in "Windows-speak", post the APIs required, or the names
of the registry keys required, and someone can post example code.

Or, if you're really lucky, you won't have to do *any* work yourself
and someone else will just post exactly what you need.  I wouldn't
waste time waiting, though, if I were you....

-Peter