PyQt Tutorial at NorthWest Linux Fest

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Wed Apr 16 22:39:05 EDT 2003

I am teaching a beginner's PyQt (Python + Qt) tutorial at the
NorthWest Linux Fest in Bellingham, WA on April 26. More information
about the linux fair can be found at http://www.linuxnorthwest.com/

I will be covering the basics about PyQt. If you attend, you will
learn what it is, where you can find the sources for it, how to
compile it and install it on your system, as well as how to use it.
There won't be enough time to cover everything, but there will be
enough time to show you the ropes and get you started in the
documentation. We'll also be able to whip out an application using
some RAD methods.

I used PyQt to develop a claims management and submission system for a
local optometrist with great results. I think it is ready for
production use in a variety of environments.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.