Python for VB6 programmers (was Re: Complexity of standard Python data structures)

George Kinney gk_2345 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 23:14:58 EDT 2003

"Alex Martelli" <aleax at aleax.it> wrote in message
news:Wrena.33096$T34.876856 at news2.tin.it...
> need to understand dotNET to profit from this book".  I don't know if
> there are substantial slices of programmers still stuck on VB5, VB4, ...,
> and so on backwards, that might be scared off by the "6" in the title.

Believe it or not, I am the not so proud possessor of an application written
in a mish-mash of VB5 and dBase.  Its creator claims that he can't upgrade
to VB6, because VB6 is broken.  Yes, it is 8 years old and the same
half-finished
POS it was in '95, but he just won't budge.

The beautiful thing about it is his own insistance on antiquated tools gave
me the
argument I needed convince management to let me re-implement this particular
package...in python. :)

What's the fastest way to convert a VB drone to python in my opinion?
Make them use python for a project, big or small,  they'll never go back.