a new pythonista?

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 15:29:33 EDT 2003

"Anna" <revanna at mn.rr.com> wrote:

>My daughter just asked me about this "python stuph". So I pulled up
>livewires.org.uk and showed her some basics.
>
>She just coded her first while loop and for loop... she thought it was
>kewl! In fact, we had to kick her off the computer and send her to bed cuz
>she's got so much to do tomorrow...
>
>FWIW, she's 12...
>
>Anna

Get her on the turtle graphics which are included in Python 2.2.

>>> import tutle
>>> turtle.demo()

My daughter was coding simple shapes and patterns months ago and she
is 9.

Watch out for Livewires, though. It's blatant religious evangelistic
twaddle wrapped in a veneer of respectable education.

Too much of that stuff and your intellect takes a dive. Telltale signs
include your spelling of simple words like 'stuff', 'because' and
'cool' goes all to Hell.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd