web server in python

Remi Delon remi at remove-me.python-hosting.com
Thu Apr 3 03:29:31 EST 2003

> i am curerntly trying to make simple dynamic site in python which i intend
> to expand on. i can make the html using python but i have a few questions.
> using the BaseHTTPServer class, is it then possible to write all the code
> for a site inside one python program, which then serves based on requests
> from a website?
> ive been having trouble finding information about this and i would be
> greatfull if someone could give me an example of how to start.

Check out CherryPy (http://www.cherrypy.org), it does exactly what you want
(build a single file containing everything to run the website).
The code for the HTTP server is a heavily customized version of
BaseHTTPServer so you can look at it to see how we did it ...

Remi.     remi at remove-me.python-hosting.com
Specialized python hosting: http://www.python-hosting.com
Python application server: http://www.cherrypy.org
Free CherryPy hosting: http://www.freecherrypy.org