wxPython 1.52 under Win95

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sat Apr 19 10:00:28 EDT 2003

[posted and mailed]

"ekranawetter_steyr" <ekranawetter at bmw.co.at> wrote in message
news:7d22d8d6.0304190231.4f6da5b1 at posting.google.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to run wxPython 1.52 under Win95 (because the application I
> use is hard to port to version 2) and Python crashes on the command:
>
> from wxPython.wx import *
>
> This is my Python installation:
>
> - py152.exe
> - win32all-132.exe
> - a lot of files in \Python\wxPython (wx22_2.dll from 21st Oct 00)
> - win32com
> - win32
>
> How can I fix this problem? Please send an email also to
> ekranawetter at utanet.at

It looks very much like you've loaded wxPython for Python 2.2, which has no
chance of working with Python 1.5.2.

A search in www.wxpython.org and https://sourceforge.net/projects/wxpython/
didn't reveal any versions capable of working with 1.5.2. That's not to say
they don't exist. Take a look at those sites, and maybe consider mailing the
developers for assistance. If they ever did support 1.5.2 they may have an
installer lying round.

regards