GUI libs

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Apr 25 17:52:18 EDT 2003

Grant Edwards wrote:
> But those C runtime library routines aren't redundant. they're
> providing functionality that Python doesn't implement.

They are *also* providing functionality that Python
doesn't implement. There is quite some redundancy, too. E.g.
a Posix C library supports regular expressions, which Python
also does, and Python doesn't use the C implementation.

 > OTOH, having both Tcl and Python interpreters seems a bit redundant.

"A bit" redundant would be fine, I think.

> I have used Scheme with Tk bindings, and that didn't use Tcl.
> The Scheme interpreter was bound directly to the Tk widgets.
> That results in several advantages to the application
> programmer, but disadvantages to the binding maintainer.

What are those advantages? Aren't they also obtained by exposing
the Tcl object interface?

Regards,
Martin