Python 2.3b1: RuntimeError using rexec

Russell E. Owen no at spam.invalid
Tue Apr 29 16:02:36 EDT 2003

In article <b8mh4l$2oo0$1 at nntp6.u.washington.edu>,
 "Russell E. Owen" <no at spam.invalid> wrote:

>I'm trying out Python 2.3b1 and am having trouble with rexec:

Sorry, stupid question. I reread the what's new more carefully and saw
that rexec has been killed (though the 2.3b1 docs for rexec say nothing
of this; I have report it as a documentation bug).

I'll use eval instead to convert string representations of simple
dictionaries (containing only numbers and strings) to dictionaries. But
if anyone has a better (e.g. safer) suggestion I'd be interested.

-- Russell