socket module's listen backlog problem

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Apr 29 03:17:17 EDT 2003

SOMAXCONN value of 0x7fffffff means use the largest value the OS supports.
Problem is that Micro$oft differentiates their products and low end products
only support  a backlog of 5. You will need Windows 2000 Server in order
to get more than 5 to work. I can't remember what the actual number the
Server version of their product supports though.