curses: xterm vs. linux terminal

Brian Alexander brian094 at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 7 16:48:13 EDT 2003

I think you are right. The terminal comes up as gnome-terminal when ps
is run. I guess it is supposed to provide xterm-like behaviour.

I tried running the xterm from gnome-terminal and after it loaded, I ran
my box-drawing program. The line characters (ACS_HLINE etc.) still worked.

What is the difference between these two terminal programs? Does the one
just interact with Gnome a little better?

Many thanks,

Brian.