Python compared toJava

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Apr 10 15:42:14 EDT 2003

bourassa wrote (using top-posting, which I've fixed):

> Peter Hansen wrote:
> > Blaktyger wrote:
> >
> >>I recently read that the Python interpreter is like the Java Virtual Machine.
> >>Is that true?
> >
> > Yes!  In fact, it's exactly the same thing!  We just use a different name
> > for it to avoid the wrath of Sun Microsoftsystems, and because we kind of like
> > snakes.
> >
> > Note: see http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before posting
> > again please.

> Would it have bee so hard to either ignore the post or to give a useful
> url?  Learn some manners before _your_ next post.

A "useful" URL?  That's *exactly* what I did give.  I'm uncertain how you
expect one to define "useful" any better than that when the question
asked is so incredibly vague and meaningless.

Yes, I could have ignored the post, but then the OP wouldn't have had
the opportunity to learn to ask better questions, would he?  Seems like
I've actually helped him out in the long term, if he's willing to listen
to good advice.  ;-)

-Peter