urllib and binding to a interface on a multihomed system

дамјан г. mk at net.mail.penguinista
Mon Apr 7 07:10:27 EDT 2003

I have a computer that's connected to three networks.
On that computer I have a python script that uses urllib or urllib2 to fetch
urls and POST data...

The problem is, I want the outgoing IP address of the connections made by
urllib[2] to be one of the interfaces and not the default selected by the
kernel. I can do this to low-level sockets with the "bind" method... Can I
do the same thing to urllib?

--
Дамјан                                  (jabberid:damjan at bagra.net.mk)

   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler