GUI testing with python (SendKeys)

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Fri Apr 25 18:19:02 EDT 2003

Did you try looking in the Cookbook? This might be what you're looking for.

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/search?query=sendkeys&section=PYTHONCKBK&ty
pe=Subsection

You don't need to implement Sendkeys, just access it via Mark Hammond's
win32com module.

  http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/

For the scripts in the cookbook, if you want to speed things up a bit,
change:

  shell = win32com.client.Dispatch("WScript.Shell")

  shell = win32com.client.gencache.EnsureDispatch("WScript.Shell")

ka

"pj" <pjdurai at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:b8c6c9$p2m$0 at 198.102.102.163...
Greetings

Is there a python module similar to Perl's Win32::GuiTest?
Basically something that would implement SendKeys and friends on Win32 ?

Before I went ahead and rolled my own, I just wanted to check.
Web searches didnt turn up anything useful.

cheers
pj