stupid q-n (wxPy)

Mike Rovner mike at bindkey.com
Tue Apr 29 14:58:33 EDT 2003

"Max Khesin" <max at cNOvSisiPonAtecMh.com> wrote in message
news:7hzra.27540$su3.3180311 at twister.nyc.rr.com...
> The only detail I have is that the script was copy-pasted out straight of
> wxPython demo app. There were no specific instructions in the readme for
> running the code so I just gave it a shot. Since wxPython is so popular I
> fugured someone would just tell me "didn't you bla-bla, (idiot)?".
> anyway, thanks.

In wxPython/demo resides run.py which demo scripts import.
But *you* don't want to follow pretty complex demo framework in your
program.

Start with something very simple like that:

from wxPython.wx import *

class MainFrame(wxFrame):
    def __init__(self, parent, id, title):
        # create a frame for our demo
        wxFrame.__init__(self, parent, id, title)

        self.drawPanel = wxScrolledWindow(self, -1, style=wxSUNKEN_BORDER)
        self.drawPanel.SetBackgroundColour(wxWHITE)

        self.bmp=wxImage('test.jpg', wxBITMAP_TYPE_JPEG).ConvertToBitmap()
        EVT_PAINT(self.drawPanel, self.draw)

    def draw(self,evt):
        dc = wxPaintDC(self.drawPanel)
        self.drawPanel.PrepareDC(dc)