Python for VB6 programmers (was Re: Complexity of standard Python data structures)

rzed Dick.Zantow at lexisnexis.com
Thu Apr 17 09:09:57 EDT 2003

Parzival Herzog wrote:
> "Aahz" <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote in message
> news:b7kqr8$jsq$1 at panix2.panix.com...
>> In article <Wrena.33096$T34.876856 at news2.tin.it>,
>> Alex Martelli  <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:

> Maybe when you're done that, you could do "Python for RPG/400"
>
>      H*
>      H* RPG/400 VERSION OF THE BOTTLES PROGRAM *
>      H*
>      FSCREEN  O   F      80            WORKSTN
>      C                     MOVE 100       X       30
>      C           X         DOWGE0
>      C                     EXCPT
>      C                     SUB  1         X
>      C                     END
>      C                     SETON                     LR
>      OSCREEN  E
>      O                         X          3
>      O                                   26 'BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE'
>      O                                   31 'WALL,'
>      O                         X         36
>      O                                   53 'BOTTLES OF BEER'
>      O        E
>      O                                   22 'TAKE ONE DOWN AND PASS'
>      O                                   32 'IT AROUND'
>
> P.S. Can you believe it, at version 400 kicks at the can, they came
> up with this?

A little off the thread's topic, but ... I always liked RPG, though it
is far more pleasant when you stay reasonably close to its main
purpose -- to generate reports. I'm not sure what the "400 kicks at
the can" means, but I'm quite sure this is not version 400, but the
version of RPG used by the AS/400. The code looks essentially the same
as RPGIII, which was what I used first.

--
rzed