Entry widget bind problems

vector Vector180W at netscape.net
Tue Apr 1 19:37:14 EST 2003

newbie
PythonWin 2.2.2

Im a little confused with an entry widget bind. I had it working b4 but
In an attempt to tidy up the code I have confused the class/callback
reference or something.
As you can see from the text below, there is a MyFrame instance which
builds the TK Gui window, in which a frame contains an entry widget.
after typing in text into the entry widget a <return> event(enter key)
is supposed to run the doEntry, but all i get this error.
what am i doing wrong?

##error
    p=page.get()       #gets all text
AttributeError: Event instance has no attribute 'get'
##
def doEntry(page,*args):
     """Gets text from Entry widget on <enter> hit"""
     p=page.get()       #gets all text
     print p              #print it
     page.delete(0,END)        #clear entry widget

def entry(self,side,initTxt):
     """Make simple entry widget.Requires initial text"""
     self.entrVar = StringVar()      #assign variable
     w=Entry(self, relief=SUNKEN,textvariable=self.entrVar,
             font=(('MS','Sans','Serif'),'6'))
     #w.bind('<Return>',doEntry,self)	#tried to bind it here too
     w.pack(side=side, expand=YES,fill=BOTH)
     w.insert(0,initTxt)
     return w

class MyFrame(Frame):
     def __init__(self,master):
         Frame.__init__(self,master)
         self.outEntry=entry(Oframe,LEFT,'Enter_Command')
         self.outEntry.bind('<Return>',doEntry)
		......endsnip

ALSO	tried
         self.outEntry.bind('<Return>',doEntry,self.outEntry)