installing zope with python in a different place

Kevin J Thomson kjt at clmac-kjt.st-and.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 07:25:13 EDT 2003

Hello I am trying to install zope 2.6.1 on a solaris 8 box from scratch (i know there is a binary build)
and have installed python 2.1.3 in my own directory with threads /home/kjt/python

I have build zope with the right version of python and everthing builds fine (zope in /home/kjt/zope).

the problem occurs when i try to run the start script.

I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kjt/zope/z2.py", line 529, in ?
    import ZServer
  File "/home/kjt/zope/ZServer/__init__.py", line 86, in ?
    from HTTPServer import zhttp_server, zhttp_handler
  File "/home/kjt/zope/ZServer/HTTPServer.py", line 43, in ?
    from PubCore import handle
  File "/home/kjt/zope/ZServer/PubCore/__init__.py", line 14, in ?
    import ZRendezvous
  File "/home/kjt/zope/ZServer/PubCore/ZRendezvous.py", line 15, in ?
    from ZServerPublisher import ZServerPublisher
  File "/home/kjt/zope/ZServer/PubCore/ZServerPublisher.py", line 13, in ?
    from ZPublisher import publish_module
  File "/home/kjt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/__init__.py", line 23, in ?
    from Publish import publish_module, Retry
  File "/home/kjt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 19, in ?
    from Response import Response
  File "/home/kjt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Response.py", line 13, in ?
    import HTTPResponse
  File "/home/kjt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py", line 19, in ?
    import zlib, struct
ImportError: No module named zlib

does anybody have any suffestions to what I might have not set done wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin.