Forgetting "()" when calling methods

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Apr 27 11:35:30 EDT 2003

In article <1ELqa.9765$3M4.264114 at news1.tin.it>,
Alex Martelli  <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:
>Aahz wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, all objects that do not implement a __nonzero__ method are true:
>
>...unless they implement __len__, which is used as a fallback if it's
>present but __nonzero__ is absent (I'm sure Aahz know this, I'm just
>dotting t's and crossing i's for other readers who might not).

Right.  Thank you, I was in a hurry.  (I'm amused to see that someone
else uses the "cross i's, dot t's" expression.)

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93