py2exe Registry Access from NT Service ...

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Apr 17 10:33:12 EDT 2003

"Harald Schneider" <h_schneider at marketmix.com> writes:

> No permission probs, logged in as Admin. Platform is Win2K, not updated from
> NT.
> There are no exceptions. Reading a registry key just claims it would not
> exist. When I run the same code outside the service wrapper, I can read the
> key.

Strange.

Do you mean *you* are logged in as Admin, or does the *service* run under
the Admin account?

Per default a service runs under the system account. Maybe the registry
keys are really not there then? HKEY_CURRENT_USER, probably?

What happens when you run the service as not-py2exe'd service (via
PythonService.exe)?

Thomas

PS: As far as i can tell, there are no differences between the 2.2 and 2.1
release of py2exe. Not yet ;-)