ActiveScripting: import email => no module named _codecs

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Apr 30 18:01:16 EDT 2003

My guess is that you are running this from inside IE.  IE executes
Python code in a restricted environment.  My guess is that this
restricted environment is preventing the Unicode codecs from being imported.

You could try to fix this by opening
win32comext\axscript\client\framework.py and locating the line:

	ok_builtin_modules = rexec.RExec.ok_builtin_modules + ('win32trace',)

Change this to:

	ok_builtin_modules = rexec.RExec.ok_builtin_modules +
('win32trace','_codecs')

And see if that helps.  Let me know either way.

Mark.