Problem passing LPVOID

Andreas Schumann Andreas.Schumann at schupag.ch
Thu Apr 10 06:06:08 EDT 2003

Hi

I'm writing my first extension to Python to use a Windows dll. Now I'm
having a problem to pass a parameter of typ LPVOID from Python to the dll.

Example:

The dll function is defined in the header file as follows:
DWORD dll_function (LPVOID  data);

data can be a pointer to anything (int, string, etc.). I.e. in Python I
should be able to use this function passing any type of data, e.g.:
res = dll_function(12)
res = dll_function('aaa')

How do I have to use PyArg_ParseTuple to get data to be passed to the dll
function? Do I have to use "O&" and write my own converter function?

Thanks
Andy Schumann