Datagrid-Widget for Python?

Tim Gahnström /Bladerman tim at bladerman.com
Mon Apr 7 19:01:46 EDT 2003

"Rainer Klueting" <rainer.klueting at epost.de> wrote
> can anybody point me to a source where I can find a datagrid-widget to
> use with Python? It should basically show a flat table in a
> spreadsheet-like way. I tried for a while to do it by myself using
> Tkinter, but I'm lacking experience (just trying to change that...)

wxPython is a guitoolkit with a good datagrid widget.
First you must install wPython, http://www.wxpython.org/ but once that is
done you could write a small app like this if I am not mistaken

from wxPython.wx import *
from wxPython.grid import *

class MyFrame(wxFrame):
    def __init__(self, parent, title):
        wxFrame.__init__(self, parent, -1, title, size=(350, 200))
        grid=wxGrid(self, -1, size=(150,150))
        grid.CreateGrid(4,4)

app = wxPySimpleApp()
frame = MyFrame(None, "Simple wxPython Grid")
frame.Show(True)
app.MainLoop()

Then you an have a look at the wxGrid widget wich is qiute extensive.

Good luck

Tim