Python searchable mail archive utility?

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Tue Apr 8 11:39:54 EDT 2003

I'm looking for a web-based mailing list archive/search utility,
preferably written in Python.  It'll be running under Mac OS X
(command-line).  It needs to be able to handle several very high-volume
lists (the largest gets up to a thousand messages a day).

I'm sure I saw something like this in the past, but now I can't find it.
The only tools I've found are MHonArc, which is Perl (ick) and requires
Namazu (which we're having trouble building) to search multiple lists;
and Hypermail, but hypermail.org seems to be down and it looks like
that's written in C anyway.

We looked briefly at Mailman, but it seems to be mailing list software;
the docs we could find say nothing about its archiving capabilities
(except to hint that it has them).

We're getting so desperate, we're about to install a Perl tool -- please
help us avoid that fate!

Thanks,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe at strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |