ftp problem on solaris machines with python

Doug Farrell writeson at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 25 10:51:47 EDT 2003

Hi,

We're not gzipping the files first because we're really short on space
on the Solaris machine and gzipping takes quite a bit of temp space to
work, unfortunately. By croaking I mean the the python program croaks
in mid transmission while ftping a large file. However, ftping the
file from the shell command line works fine.

One of our guys found a module pyExpect (I think) that will let our
program ftp using the command line rather than the ftplib module.
We're looking into that.

Thanks for your response,
Doug