Cross-reference 'import' in a class hierarchy

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-zip-does-too.com.au
Tue Apr 8 00:55:09 EDT 2003

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:44:10 +1200, Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) wrote:
> It's been suggested before (and I happen to agree) that Python should
> provide a general way of making *relative* references to modules or
> packages.

I continue to be amazed that there's simply no way to say

  import "../foo/ook.py"

as should be possible to implement any well-architected class hierarchy.

Anyone who can show me otherwise gets a jelly baby.

--
 \        "If it ain't bust don't fix it is a very sound principle and |
  `\      remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it |