[Q] pychecker memory usage

achrist at easystreet.com achrist at easystreet.com
Tue Apr 8 15:55:09 EDT 2003

I've been using the pychecker program (pychecker.sourceforge.net) to
find problems in code, and it works very nicely.  However, its memory
consumption is breathtaking -- more than 80 Mb to check a little
10k line program I've been writing for a month or so.  This program
uses 17 MB when run with python from the Windows NT command line, but
80 MB to run through pychecker.  Given that I've got a 128 MB machine,
this will likely soon be a problem, as it appears that the memory usage
has increased from about 55 MB a week or so ago as my program has
grown, and Windows is now giving me messages about low memory as I
run it.

Has anyone else noted any similar problem and found a good way to
set pychecker options so that the memory usage is reduced much and the
value of the checks not much?  Any other advice?

Thanks for any info,

Al