Some newbie questions the FAQs didn't answer!

Jason C. stigwood4 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 14:32:30 EST 2003

I was thinking about taking Python up this summer.  I was initially
drawn towards it because I had heard how easy it was to program GUIs
using the various packages.  But then I read that in order to run a
python program, the machine had to have the python VM installed, and
the user had to go to a command line and type "python <program
name>.py".

What I had planned to do was write Win32 GUIs, but I would guess that
most common users don't have Python installed.  Is there some way to
write the program in C++ and then have it bring up the GUI written in
Python without Python being installed?  Wouldn't that require the code
being compiled into machine code?