Python for VB6 programmers (was Re: Complexity of standard Python data structures)

yaipa h. yaipa at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 02:00:48 EDT 2003

All,

Here in the SF Bay Area I have only met one VB programmer willing to say
that he uses VB.net. The other VB programmers I find are talking about
either sticking with VB6 (most), taking Java courses (some) or playing
around with the C# idea (few).  Most share my feelings about the .net
thing. That it will not be stable until release +3.x and there are
little to no existing libraries. You know, batteries. ;-) So yes there
is a window and it is wide open.

With that said, without a slick, stable GUI builder with all the
look and feel of the VB GUI builder it's a long way from here
to there. I mean what do you expect them to do, pass in command-line
arguments or hand assemble TK widgets. :^)

People have said it in the past, the Python community needs to
pick ONE of the Python wxWindow GUI builders currently under
development and really promote the hell out of it.

Cheers,

Alan