Textbooks?

Ron Stephens rstephens at vectron.com
Sun Apr 27 17:35:28 EDT 2003

Steven Hodgen <steven at twitch.net> wrote in message news:<oproar1sjtx3zh5c at news.mindspring.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently teaching a high-school introduction to programming course.
> I'm currently teaching in Java, but am seriously considering changing to
> Python.  The problem is that I cannot seem to find any good textbooks, much
> less ones for students with no prior programming experience.  This is the
> one area in which Java excels.

The only actual "Textbook" I am aware of is Deitel and Deitel's Python
book, which I found pretty good. However, Learning Python by Lutz and
Ascher would be excellent (and it includes exercises after every
chapter) as would Core Python by Chung. I have reviewed all these
books and more than 20 more and you can find the reviews at
www.awaretek.com/plf.html