stupid q-n (wxPy)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Apr 29 13:37:20 EDT 2003

xam wrote:

> I am trying to run some wxPy samples and I am getting an error here:
> if __name__ == '__main__':
>     import sys,os
>     import run
>     run.main(['', os.path.basename(sys.argv[0])])
>
> - "import run" fails. I know this is something really stupid, but I could
> not find the answer on the net.
> thanks.

What is "run"?  Where is it?  Are you sure the script you are running
can find "run.py"?  If there's no run.py in the directory of the script
you show above, insert a "print sys.path" after the first import statement
and make sure the list it prints contains the directory where run.py is
actually installed.

A little more detail/context would be helpful next time.

-Peter