REST and directory servicies

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Wed Apr 9 12:11:57 EDT 2003

Richard Brodie wrote:

[snip]

> Granted, these are implementation issues but has anyone been down
> this way before? It seems to be that what I'm looking for is a
> lightweight, robust way of mapping a directory service into the
> http: namespace. Or maybe I have some fundamental architectural
> misunderstanding. (Did you say 'knives')?
>
> Any views?

Take a look at Quixote.  It's one of the light-weight Python Web app
frameworks.  It has reasonably convenient ways to map URLs to
Python modules, classes, and functions.  See:

  http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/doc/

and, in particular:

  http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/doc/programming.html

Other Python Web app frameworks are likely to have solutions to this
problem also.  So, you will want to look at:

  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/WebProgramming

  - Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman