*Newbie Question* --> Is it viable to distribute Python apps over the Internet?

Denis Agar canrocks at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 23 18:44:05 EDT 2003

> >VB's GUI code is likely in the VB runtime. With "VC GUI" you likely mean
> >the MFC classes, which are usually in the MFC42.DLL. It can be used from
> >Python via the win32 extensions, which are a relatively slim download.
> >
> >But looking at the included examples, I wouldn't want to develop a GUI
> >using the win32 extensions, as it's basically hardcore win32 API
> >programming.
> 			.
> 			.
> 			.
> Let's note, though, that there are several contributors
> to c.l.p who speak with comfort about having delivered
> applications to customers coded in Python against MFC.
> Gerhard and I haven't, but apparently it's not infeasible.

Ok, try to ignore the thickness of my skull, but you're saying that it
is possible to create progams using mfc42.dll, a GUI that most people
have already? I have the win32 extensions and am in the process of
trying to understand them. (PS: Anyone got some (s)ample code they
could throw my way?)
But, as I understand it, this would be hard.

This isn't a request nor a demand nor a manifesto of any kind, but ---
would it be possible to make a simple PythonCardish GUI shaping-type
languagey thing (I'm not yet up on the lingo) that interfaces with the
win32 extensions and dumbs it down to about my level? I'm just
wondering about it is all. . .