Overloading and? was <RE: Should I prefer an external database>

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Tue Apr 22 10:52:50 EDT 2003

> From: Ian Bicking [mailto:ianb at colorstudy.com]
[... + SQLObject example]

> for paper in Paper.select(AND(Paper.q.title == 'foo',
>                               Paper.q.author.startswith('Bob'))):

Does anyone know the reason for not allowing an overload of the and
operator? (of course, the only use case I've seen is the one above
[thrice, first time in 97] and alternate logical calculi [e.g. fuzzy
logic] -- so not much different from some of the other operators? :-)

-- bjorn