Using Jython to process HTML

Lexy Zhitenev zhitenev at cs.vsu.ru
Mon Apr 14 08:24:06 EDT 2003

"Tzahi" <tzahij at hotmail.com> wrote in message:
news:662cede5.0304130905.6938703d at posting.google.com...

> I want to use Jython for the HTML processing power, so that I can
> access other project and Java system classes. I hope this way I can
> read pointers to documents from standard Queues, created by other
> parts of the system, and process them with Python power.
>
> I have never used Jython. Can you please tell me if this design make
> any sense?
I think you won't have any trouble using Jython. The only limitation can be
if your programs will run on the client side: they'll have to download
Jython jar or something else. This wouldn't be acceptable. This is very good
on server side or standalone.

> Do other people use Jython I real-life projects?
Though the Jython project is somewhat frozen, I can see many people using
it, at least in c.l.py. Don't worry to use it if you need to. If your
solution will work and it will be easier to implement/support than Java,
then just do it.

Regards, Lexy.