How to protect python code ?

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Mon Apr 7 22:29:25 EDT 2003

> I didn't read facetiousness; rather, I read in the original question
> a sentiment perhaps better expressed as:
>
>   "If a business *pays* to become dependent on software they don't
>   control, what can one conclude about that business?"
> Thus, a rhetorical question perhaps.  The "What kind of business" was
> not a query for what *industry* the business is in, but rather in a
> spirit of "what kind of idiot".

By my response, I meant to say that anyone who defends on the power
company, a telecom or a computer vendor is depending on software they
don't control.

I cannot inspect the software that ensures that power reaches my office,
but I (and millions of other customers) am dependant on that software.

I would conclude that there are very few businesses that do not depend
on software that they have no control over. Closed systems of
non-technological people perhaps.

Cheers,
Brian