Sorting without transitivity

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Sun Apr 20 03:21:30 EDT 2003

For those interested in the algorithm... My 2 toposort implementations
(one is based on Tim's code, the other's one that I worked up without
realising it was a topological sort until after it was complete) are
available here:

    http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/programming/toposort.py

Much longer than the kjbuckets implementations, however.  The code's
been stable for a few years now, used in the vrml processing libraries,
(and if it's still there, the Boa class-graph layout code).

Enjoy all,
Mike

Alex Martelli wrote:

>Frank Niessink wrote:

>I think what you want is what's known as a *topological
>sort* -- a sort obtaining any ordering that respect certain
>given pairwise constraints that don't, however, define a
>complete order.

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
  http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/